RPEL Fasttrack Process - Level 7 Diploma in Clinical Aesthetics
The RPEL fasttrack route to qualification is solely for regulated practitioners who have already undertaken training in aesthetic practice through other formal and informal means and acquired patient-facing experience working in the clinical aesthetic field.
Regulated practitioners who hold registration on part 1 (category 2) of the JCCP register or meet MAP-IQ’s entry requirements will be exempt from undertaking the full Level 7 learning programme including the clinical skill observations and supervised treatments and progress directly to assessment.
Additionally, practitioners who have undertaken comparable education, training, mentorship and or have gained sufficient experience in aesthetic practice are able to claim further exemption against the two internal assessment processes and proceed directly to the online written examination and practical assessment.
The online written exam involves answering multiple choice questions (MCQs) aligned to qualification learning outcomes. The online practical assessment involves demonstrating competence to administer a botulinum toxin and dermal filler treatment for cosmetic purposes. Practitioners have three attempts at both the written exam and practical assessment to achieve a pass grade.
On successful completion of the written exam and practical assessment practitioners will be awarded with a Level 7 Diploma in Clinical Aesthetics and be entitled to use the following post nominals – PgDip(Aes).
THE LEVEL 7 QUALIFICATION AT A GLANCE
REGULATOR: OFQUAL- Click Here
AWARDING ORGANISATION: VTCT- Click Here
QUALIFICATION TITLE: Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Treatments
ACADEMIC LEVEL: Level 7
ROUTE: Fasttrack via Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL). RPEL practitioners will achieve the same qualification as those who have undertaken the full level 7 learning programme.
QUALIFICATION CREDITS : 60 (RQF) These M level credits can be used towards a full MSc in Professional Practice at the University of West of England. (other universities will also accept separate module credits towards an MSc in Professional Practice- learners are advised to check with their preferred university).
DURATION : Up to 12 months (Flexible).
The RPEL assessment process is conducted completely online and therefore accessible to learners from anywhere in the world. Learners have access to a curated assessment platform and are supported and guided through the assessment process by MAP-IQ’s expert practitioners and educationalists.
Once registered you will be invited to discuss your previous learning and experience with a MAP-IQ approved assessor to conduct a RPEL mapping exercise. Successful completion of the mapping exercise will allow practitioners to bypass the internal assessment stages 1 and 2 and proceed directly to the written exam and OSCE. Alternatively, practitioners who would like to brush up on knowledge and skills prior to proceeding to the written exam and OSCE, can complete assessments 1 and 2.
Learners are required to complete a written assignment in their own time consisting of short answer responses (SARs). The questions and responses are based on the history of botulinum toxin and dermal fillers, Patient Consultation and Advertising in aesthetic practice.
Learners are required to undertake a short written assignment in their own time to evidence literature review skills and evidence-based practice.
Learners are required to undertake an online external written exam consisting of MCQs to meet the learning outcomes for the qualification.
Assessment 4: Internal Assessment
Learners are required to perform a short practice-based assessment to demonstrate competence to perform a botulinum toxin and a soft tissue filler treatment.
Practitioners who hold registration on Part A (Category 2 ) of the JCCP practitioner register
Practitioners who meet the following criteria:
- A regulated healthcare professional with no conditions attached to practice and clinical aesthetics accepted as ‘within scope’ of professional role.
- Foundation training in botulinum toxin and soft tissue fillers
- Minimum 2 years experience of administering botulinum toxin and soft tissue fillers and or evidence of having administered 30 botulinum toxin and 30 soft tissue fillers in the pat 2 years.
- Hold full indemnity Insurance cover for aesthetic procedures (must include botulinum toxin and dermal fillers),
- UK and International practitioners must hold an English language level of IELTS 7.0 in all components or equivalent if English is not a first language your first language.
N.B. Practitioners are not required to be independent prescribers, but they must be supervised for their practice-based skills assessment (OSCE) by a prescribing supervisor.
Full Payment……………………………… £2,495.00
3 Month Payment Plan………………….. £2, 595.00
Month 2………………….. £865.00
Month 3………………….. £865.00
Additional cost for the payment plan is to cover administration costs.
Hold registration on Part A (category 2) of the JCCP Practitioner register OR meet the following criteria:
- A regulated medical or healthcare practitioner with no conditions attached to practice and the ability to study at level 6 or above
- Certificated CPD training in botulinum toxin and soft tissue fillers for cosmetic purposes.
- Minimum of 2 years injectable experience and or completion of 30 botulinum toxin and 30 dermal filler treatments
- A peer reference from a regulated medical or healthcare professional whose qualification and or experience is equal to or greater that of the learner.
- Full indemnity insurance to cover botulinum toxin and soft tissue fillers
- English Language level of IELTS 7.0 or equivalent if English is not your first language.
* Practitioners are not required to be prescribers but must be supervised by a prescriber for their practice-based skills assessment (OSCE).
* International students are accepted if they can evidence of professional registration in the UK and or in their country of practice.
Level 7 Diploma In Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Treatments (Full Payment) …………………………………………………£2,495
Level 7 Diploma in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Treatment ( Payment Plan) ………………………………………………….£2,595
Payment 1: Registration £865.00
Payment 2: Month 2 £865.00
Payment 3: Month 3 £865.00
The payment plan increase is to cover administration costs. All costs are inclusive of OFQUAL and VTCT registration fees there are no hidden cost