Are you a clinical aesthetic practitioner?
Are you interested in moving into education, training and assessment within the sector?
If so, this qualification is for you. Successful completion of the MAP-IQ route to qualification will allow you to conduct learner assessment for regulated sector qualifications.
The VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement is an OFQUAL regulated practical-based qualification designed for those who wish to assess both academic, practical and clinical skill competence. The MAP-IQ route to qualification has been purposely designed to support practitioners who assess learners in non-surgical cosmetic (NSC) practice.
Regardless of geographical location, the qualification is inclusive to all, as all learning and assessment is conducted completely online, meaning there is no need to leave your home or place of work to achieve the qualification.
RPEL Route to Qualification
RPEL learners who can evidence comparable qualifications, and or previous learning and experience in assessment can undertake the RPEL route to qualification. Following registration RPEL learners can choose to complete the knowledge-based assignment or undertake a mapping exercise with a MAP-IQ assessor to evidence how they meet the knowledge-based learning outcomes for Unit 1. The mapping exercise will consist of an online two-way professional discussion. Following successful completion, learners will be able to claim exemption from undertaking the written assignment for Unit 1 and proceed directly to the practical skills assessment.
Learners can progress through the learning material and assessment stages in their own time. Depending on learner commitment and motivation the qualification can be completed in weeks or up to 6 months.
MAP-IQ aims to support practitioners’ who wish to progress to a role for learner assessment through the achievement of a recognised qualification.
The qualification is awarded by VTCT with the aim to develop the knowledge, understanding and the practical skills required to conduct valid, authentic, reliable and sufficient assessments.
There are three units that make up the VTCT Level 3 certificate in assessing vocational achievement, however, the MAP-IQ route to qualification consists of an additional unit to support assessment in non-surgical cosmetic practice.
- Unit 1: Understanding the principles and practice of assessment – 3 CREDITS
- Unit 2: Assess occupational competence in the work environment- 6 CREDITS
- Unit 3: Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding – 6 CREDITS
- Unit 4: Conduct assessment in non-surgical cosmetic practice (Optional)
QUALIFICATION TITLE: The VTCT (ITEC) Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
QUALIFICATION REGULATOR: OFQUAL
TOTAL QUALIFICATION TIME: Flexible (Up to 12 months)
GUIDED LEARNING HOURS: 74 hours
GRADING PASS MARK: PASS/FAIL
TOTAL CREDITS: 15 credits at level 3
There is no specific requirement at this stage to apply for the level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement. You should, however, be occupationally competent in the area you will be assessing.
For those wishing to conduct assessment for regulated qualifications in clinical aesthetics and or non-surgical cosmetic practice, you must be occupationally competent in the field of practice. This means you will need to be a regulated medical, health or allied healthcare practitioner and hold a industry approved regulated qualification at the same level or above to that you will be assessing.
There are three assessments for this qualification:
1. You are required to complete a written assignment to evidence knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of assessment (Unit 1) or attend a Mapping Exercise to evidence competency through previous comparable qualifications, training and or experience.
2. You are required conduct two assessments of a learners written work. I.e., assess a learners written assignment, essay, case study, short answer questions and or literature review skills.
3. You are required to conduct two practical-based assessments for two different learners. I.e., the administration of botulinum toxin and soft tissue fillers for cosmetic purposes. One assessment will be observed and competency assessed by a MAP-IQ assessor. Assessments will be quality assured by a MAP-IQ internal quality assurer and externally quality assured by VTCT. Y-
Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement – £695.00 (Inc)