Welcome to the Study Skills Unit
The study skills session has been designed specifically to support you to prepare for assessment 1 and assessment 2.
For assessment 1 and 2 you are required to respond to the assignment tasks using evidence-based practice and academic writing skills.
Studying the content of this section before moving on to the assessment stages will ensure that you get off to a flying start!
The Study Skills session aims to support you to:
- become familiar with the standard of academic work expected for level 7 post graduate education.
- understand the level of skill needed to successfully complete the assignments.
- organise yourself to achieve a balance between study, work and personal life.
- understand the importance of adopting evidence-based medicine (EBM) into your aesthetic practice.
- understand how to reference your evidence-based academic work.
- understand how and why you need to reference your work.
- understand what is meant by plagiarism.
- understand the nuances of referencing versus plagiarism.
- understand the difference between good and poor academic writing.